Our favorite things
- How can three pixelated dinosaurs, laid out in identical poses in every single strip, make us laugh, think, and want to read it three more times? All I can say is, "We can sexy
- Rachel was an Equal Exchange (i.e. fair trade) coffee drinker for years. But, this summer, she switched coffee for tea and looked hard for a fair trade version. This fall, she found Honest Tea, whose Chai and Assam teas are fair trade certified. The tea bags are made without staples, so their biodegradeable. (Equal Exchange also makes a few fair trade teas: English Breakfast, Earl Gray, and Green)
- Perhaps the most artistic of the web-based "comic strips," Sam Brown's whimsical, weird, and often profoundly touching illustrations done with simple pen-and-tablet graphics are true works of art.
Arlo and Janis
- This comic strip is one of the few "mature" (and I mean that in many senses of the word) comic strips in newspapers today. Author/artist Jimmy Johnson also maintains a very nice website where he posts daily (!). It doesn't get better than this, folks.
- Bicycling = good
- Rachel's favorite magazine online.
- Thanks to Zipcar we get all the benefits of owning a car without any of the hassle. We can even sample different vehicles, from our local VW Beetle to the very cool MINI. Sign up
and tell them we referred you!